I just have one quick tip I'd like to share. Put your scallions and herbs in a wet paper towel, fold it around the base and store in the fridge in a produce bag (I reuse mine, and actually I hardly have them since I buy my produce loose). The water keeps them fresh and I think even growing. These scallions are a few days old and are firm and luscious.
Come to think of it, remember when I mentioned Chaim's other other night job? And how I started this blog the day he got fired? So it's been about two years since then and we found out his unemployment is ending in two weeks. :( This is after an error in which they held about three weeks, which we had to go in in person and refute and still are waiting for it to come through. But it doesn't really matter so much because it's basically over. So now what? I have no idea. We're trying the gardening thing again, have a nice compost started, but something tells me we'll need more than that to live on. Hmmm.
The heat and hot water isn't on, which is a pain but hopefully the oil truck will come again tomorrow.
And children, why don't they sleep?? Do they want to be zombies? It's after 10, and I still hear Lyla in the room. Meanwhile I'm ready to pass out!
In case I didn't say so on here yet, Z is basically officially potty trained. So that's awesome! Lyla is officially in the middle of TERRIBLE TWOS!! NOT AWESOME!!!
I'll keep you posted on the news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my G-d! I know how you feel about the damn sleeping! Ari was so tired and I had to lay down with him AGAIN to get him to sleep tonight. He's asleep now and it's a f-ing miracle.
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome tip about the scallions! I need to try it!
Sorry about unemployment ending. But you guys are strong and resourceful. You'll find a way! I need to see your amazing garden!!