Friday, June 12, 2009

A Few More Amazing Recipes (that all happen to have Zucchini!)


I always have a ton of zucchini and am looking for things to do with it. Well here are three more of my new favorites, which are all pretty easy to make and very delicious!

Marinated Zucchini
This first one is so simple, I want everyone to try it! All you have to do is wash and cut the zucchini in chunks, and then those in quarters or 6, depending on the size. You can cut the very thin ones in coins. Then put them in a Rubbermaid that's large enough, drizzle some olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and fresh crushed garlic. The amounts are not an exact science, its however you like it! I usually use 2 or 3 cloves of garlic for a medium to large zucchini. Now toss it in the fridge overnight. That's the secret. I've cooked it before right away until I discovered what a difference marinating it makes! (You can even wait two!) Then just bake it in the oven on about 350 for 10 minutes or so. Again, it depends on how you like it. We like it a bit firm still, but juicy.

Shelli's "Grilled Veggie Wrap"
Ok, this was not grilled. But it was good! I went to Shelli's Too Restaurant the other day and ordered this. It looked so easy to make I tried it at home. It was zucchini, carrots and onions softened in a red marinara sauce and then assembled on a wrap with slices of mozzarella. I tried it in a whole wheat pita with less cheese, but of course it was amazing with a lot!

Zucchini Corn and Black bean Quesadillas


O . M. G!

http://www.cooking.com/Recipes-and-More/recipes/Zucchini-Corn-Black-Bean-and-Jack-Cheese-Quesadillas-recipe-2088.aspx

I made some changes anyway, like I always do, but they were small. The only thing I strongly recommend is to use less cheese. I used maybe one 8oz bag of shredded cheese, and probably more veggies, and it was still enough. I also used s'chug instead of jalapenos because I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment