If you haven't heard of this site yet, now is the time! This site is a vocabulary game that donates 10 grains of rice to hungry people in the world every time you get an answer right! I was at my mom's house the other day, and she was studying for the GRE. I noticed that many of the words were the kind I would see on free rice, so I suggested we play. I kept mangling the pronunciations of the words on the GRE cards, saying "I can't read good," D: "but I know my grammar, so I know that 'I can't read goodly.'" :D
Well, free rice even has a button to hear the words pronounced, which actually helps a lot. We had a lot of fun, and I found out that they now have new subjects! There is now grammar, basic math, chemistry symbols, world countries and capitols, famous paintings, and more. All of these donate to hunger. The site goes with your pace, and each subject has a variety of levels (except the periodic symbols). Usually, every three correct answers takes you to the next level in difficulty, and one wrong answer brings you back down one. I think its such a great idea, and as I exclaimed the other night, "This site is great for smartening!" :D
Check it out! It helps the player as well as the people it donates to.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I like this! I totally have to improve on My writing skills and to be able to donate something to the needy while doing so is awesome! Thanks for sharing Cord!
ReplyDelete