Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ZALAH!!!!!

Last night I was finally going to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, since I am very behind in the series. I tried to put it in the DVD slit (we don't have a door that pops out on this computer) and it would NOT. GO. IN.

We turned off the computer and when it rebooted, it accepted the DVD, but then spit it out. We turned it over to see how it looked underneath and maybe if there was a way to open the door. Then we heard it. *slide*

"What was that!? I heard something moving in there." I said. Something was sliding around in our computer. PANIC!

We called Dell, and went to Dell Chat, and were put on hold and in queue and transferred and on hold and in queue. I chatted with someone who transferred me, turns out our computer has the OLD computers code, which is another issue. We searched all over for something to prove this computer was sent to us in replacement since they made us send back the old one. I was about number 5 waiting to chat and suddenly it was 29. We restarted, we waited on the phone, etc. I finally got someone who connected to our computer and tried to shut it off and check things out. Of course it didn't work. He called Chaim's phone but was dropped, with no extension to call him back on (we asked). He was just telling Chaim to take the battery out and 'open the computer'. The computer does not open just from that. He started to unscrew the whole thing when I panicked and asked him not to do it. All this time we were starting to surmise that Zalah might have stuck something inside of it. I was sick of being up and have been trying to get to bed earlier, so I went to sleep. I don't even know when Chaim went to bed but he mentioned that they couldn't send anyone until he received a correct code for the computer.

Fast forward to this am; After I fed the kids, I thought, let me post on Facebook and see if anyone has ideas. Some people suggested I stick a paper clip in the hole that ejects the CD door. We don't have a hole, or a door. I told Chaim I think Zalah might have put in the plastic "memory card" that comes with the computer to keep dust out of that slot, since she sees us putting ours into the computer to upload pictures. I mentioned this while also trying to use something firm to coax it out. My friend Kristen suggested I use strong tape, like we used in photo processing to grab the film out, while others suggested I shake it. Well, I tried a little of both. And then I saw it. A small, black corner sticking out, barely visible. I shook a little firmer and this is what I saw:


ZALAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. The plastic memory card stuck in the DVD drive. I mentioned it in the post that I thought she did that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ZALAH!!! Dude the newest Harry Potter is bomb. I want to have a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Those kids can really mess with technology. Hopefully, now everything will work properly, though, and you'll be able to catch up on your Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete