Warning: I might get graphic.
Remember when we were teenagers and we all joked about hemorrhoids? Well I think we pay for these kinds of things later in life. My loving relationship with hemorrhoids started when I was first pregnant with my second daughter, but I didn't know it yet. I have another love affair with varicose veins when I'm pregnant, and their vulvar. Oh, the joys of parenthood!
Well last week they got really bad. I'll spare you. I don't usually take a Tylenol, but I was scrounging up meds. Yes, percocet became my new lover for a few short days. It was that bad. Finally I got a referral and appointment to see Dr. Kram. That alone was enough to make me feel better. The actual appointment, however, was embarrassing. FINGER IN THE BUTT! By that time, it had shrunk a good amount so he just wrote me a prescription for "Anusol" (after some prodding) and sent me on my way. What a fun week I had!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

did it work? there r some vitamins that can help as well
ReplyDeleteAh hemorrhoids. I know them well. Mine are just beginning to go down. I hope you are feeling better after the painkillers.
ReplyDeleteWell I got that perscription. I think its supposed to help, but they already went down naturally. If they are really bad they can remove them. I also have a sort of odd tip: if you are constipated but have to go, I rub my knuckles on either side of my spine like a massage. I don't really know why, but it works! I figured it out after delivery, which makes you naturally constipated. I guess it just helps move things along!
ReplyDelete