But what I do differently is flip it over. Then I simply lay a liner directly over the whole length, put one side under her tush, and pull the front up and between her legs.
I folded the front down because this is an extra long diaper. With some brands you won't have to do this. Then I pull the back flaps out from under her and tuck the front flaps under them and secure with a snappi. I use the bottom part of the snappi to hook the middle pieces and keep them folded together.

Cover with a diaper cover. I like Thristies 2.0.
I think the fold I use is just a standard fold, but inside out. I found the other way, which maybe was meant to hold the poop, just got it all over the sides as well as middle. This way it stays on the middle and since I use liners now, there is no need for a fancy fold to hold the doody. I've tried newspaper folds before and liked how it utilized that extra thickness on top. What are your favorite folds?

What a great instructional guide! Lyla is an wonderful model! This will help a lot of moms!
ReplyDeleteMan, I really need to get with it and make a blog/video about how I diaper! I do it really different but it's cool that there are so many ways that work! I use the "angel wings" fold I guess but I lay T down on the diaper completely unfolded, then I do the folding after she's already on it.
ReplyDelete